The energy by the chain reaction is transformed into heat.
6. It is required that during the process, great care has to be taken to protect the silk from damage.
7. To our , Geoffrey’s illness proved not to be as serious as we had feared.
8. The government will take some action to the two big quarreling companies.
9. As automation became popular in most factories, labor was made ♦ A. disincentive
10. They have her unreasonable request for her annual salary.
11. When you prepare for your speech, be sure to cite qualified sources of information and examples.
In addition to bettering group and individual performance, cooperation ________ the quality of interpersonal relationship.
4.In the past 50 years, there ________ a great increase in the amount of research _____on the human brain.
B. has been…to be done
D. has been…done
5.“I must have eaten something wrong. I feel like _____ .” “We told you not to eat at a restaurant. You’d better _______ at home when you are not in the shape.”
A. to throw up…to eat
B. throwing up…eating
C. to throw up…eat
D. throwing up…eat
6. Parent shave to show due concerns to their children’s creativity and emotional output; otherwise what they think beneficial to the kids might probably _______ their enthusiasm and aspirations.
A. hold back
B. hold to
C. hold down
D. hold over
7. According to psychoanalysis, a person’s attention is attracted ________ by the intensity of different signals ________ by their context, significance, and information content.
A. not less than…as
B. as…just as
C. so much…as
D. not so much…as
8.They moved to Portland in1998 and lived in a big house, _______ to the south.
A. the windows of which opened
B. the windows of it opened
C. its windows opened
D. the windows of which opening
9.The lady who has_______ for a night in the dead of the winter later turned out to be a distant relation of his.
A. put him up
B. put him out
C. put him on
D. put him in
10.By standers,_______,_________ as they walked past lines of ambulances.
A. bloody and covered with dust, looking dazed
B. bloodied and covered with dust, looked dazed
C. bloody and covered with dust, looked dazed
D. bloodied and covered with dust, looking dazed
11. Hong Kong was not a target for terror attacks, the Government insisted yesterday, as the US________ closed for an apparent security review.
12. American fans have selected Yao in a vote for the All-Star game ______the legendary O’Neal, who ______ the “Great Wall” at the weekend as the Rockets beat the Los Angeles Lakers.-
A. in head of, ran on
B. in head of, ran into
C. ahead of, ran onto
D. ahead of, ran into来源：育龙考博网本页网址：http://bo.china-b.com/yxbs/bszx/1110.html