PAPER ONEPAPER ONE
PART 1 VUCABULARY (15 minutes, 10 points, 4.5 point each)
1. Reductions in overseas government expenditure took place, but ______and more gradually than now seems desirable.
2. In fear for their lives and in ______of their freedom, thousands of enslaved women and children fled to the Northern States on the eve of the American Civil War.
3. If I could ensue a reasonably quick and comprehensive solution to the crisis in Iraq, t would not have entitled my speech “the______ problem.”
4. Some of the patients, especially the dying, wanted to ______ in the man and woman who had eased their suffering.
5. We all buy things on the ______ of the moment; this is what the retail trade calls an “impulse “buy.
6. Nothing has ever equaled the ______ and speed with which the human species is altering the physical and chemical world.
7. The second distinguishing characteristic of jazz is a rhythmic drive that was ______ called "hot" and later "swing."
8. The depth of benefits of reading varies in ______ the depth of one's one‟s experience
A. tempo with
B. time with
C. place of
D. proportion to
9. Whatever the questions he really wanted to ask at the reprocessing plant, though, he would never allow his personal feelings to ______ with an assignment.
10. His ______ with computers began six months ago.
11. I like cats but unfortunately I am ______ to them.
12. Some of the words employed by Shakespeare in his works have become______ and are no longer used in the present days.
13. One of the main ways to stay out of trouble with government agents is to keep a law______ away from those situations wherein you call attention to yourself.
14. With 1 million copies sold out within just 2 weeks, that book is indeed a ______ success.
15. As the core of the management hoard, he can always come up with ______ ideas to promote the corporation's marketing strategies.
l6. They speak of election campaign polls as a musician might of an orchestra ______, or a painter of defective paint.
A. in pace
B. out of focus
C. in step
D. out of tune
17. Surely it doesn't matter where charities get their money from: what ______much is what they do with it.
A. taunts for
B. asks for
C. consists of
D. approves of
l8. Any business needs ordinary insurance______ risks such as fire, flood and breakage.
C. raft D. of
19. As he was a thoroughly professional journalist, he already knew the media______.
A. to and fro
B. upside and down
C. inside and out
D. now and then来源：育龙考博网本页网址：http://bo.china-b.com/xlxbs/bswd/2605.html