1. The European Union countries, were once worried that they would not have supplies of petroleum.
2. We'd like to a table for five for dinner this evening.
3. Britain has the highest of road traffic in the world-over 60 cars for every mile of road.
4. I would never have a court of law if I hadn’t been so desperate.
A. sought for
B. accounted for
C. turned up
D. restored to
5. The energy by the chain reaction is transformed into heat.
6. It is required that during the process, great care has to be taken to protect the silk from damage.
7. To our , Geoffrey’s illness proved not to be as serious as we had feared.
8. The government will take some action to the two big quarreling companies.
9. As automation became popular in most factories, labor was made ♦ A. disincentive
10. They have her unreasonable request for her annual salary.
11. When you prepare for your speech, be sure to cite qualified sources of information and examples.
12. It is apparent that winning the scholarship is of one's intelligence in the field of physics.
13. In court he repeated his that he was not guilty in front of the jury.
14. Shopping malls have some advantage in suffering from shorter periods of business.