211. The drowning child was saved by Dick's __ action.
[ A ] acute [ B ] alert
[ C ] profound [ D ] prompt
212. We should always keep in mind that __ decisions often lead to bitter iegrets.
[ A ] urgent [ B ] hasty
[ C] instant [ D ] prompt
213. The current general slackness of the market has prevented us from new orders with you.
[ A ] placing [ B ] putting
[ C ] arranging [ D ] providing
214. He pointed out that the living standard of urban and __ people continued to improve.
[ A ] remote [ B ] municipal
[ C ] rural [ D ] provincial
215. In the past, most foresters have been men, but today, the number of women __ this field is
[ A ] engaging [ B ] devoting
[ C ] registering [ D ] pursuing
216. When they had finished playing, the children were made to all the toys they had taken out.
[ A ] pat off [ B ] put out
[ C ] put up [ D ] put away
217. Jack was about to announce our plan but I
[ A ] cut him short [ B ] turned him out
[ C ] gave him up [ D ] put him through
218. It was felt that be lacked the __ to pursue a difficult task to the very end.
[ A ] petition [ B ] engagement
[ C ] commitment [ D ] qualification
219. When she saw the clouds she went back to the house to her umbrella.
[ A ] carry [ B ] fetch
[ C ] bring [ D ] reach
220. An agreement was __ last Friday by the two parties.
[ A ] arrived at [ B ] arrived in
[ C ] occurred [ D ] real